The dates for my next 3 day Workshop Intensive have been set! There are still spaces available! Register now with a 50% deposit to secure your space in the workshop!
Here’s what recent class participants have said about the workshop:
“My husband gave me the gift of Mary’s 3-day advanced class workshop after many nights of dreaming about it. I wasn’t sure of what to expect other than to be inspired and intimidated by Mary’s expertise and beauty of her art. To say I was blown away is an understatement. Mary takes each dimension of teaching art and turns it into a stress-free and feel-free masterpiece. Like Mary, I also have a love of glass but Mary turned this into a whole new obsession. I would recommend anyone to take this advanced workshop. Mary has taken out all of the trials and errors she has gone through her whole career and gives you her secrets. This will truly inspire you and create a brand new passion of art, glass and recycling anything you can find. Thank you Mary for giving me a life long memorable experience!!”
– E. R.
“I just completed Mary’s 3 Day Advanced Workshop and all I can say is “wow”. Not only did Mary share many of her secrets but she also helped me create my very own piece of glass art exactly as I wanted it! The hardest part of the entire process was deciding what to create and then Mary took it from there. I’m not an artist by any means, but really all you need is an imagination and sense of humor. I completely stepped out of my comfort zone but am so glad I did. In addition to my new piece of art, I also met new friends. It was so much fun in fact, I want to do it again!”
“I wanted to express my thanks for a fabulous glass art class! Mary was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, encouraging, and fun! We produced beautiful keepsake canvases in her beautiful studio with her patient and friendly help!”
GLASS COLLAGE MASTERPIECE
Now available, an intensive class experience focused on every stage of my process in creating beautiful glass masterpieces on canvas.
Students will learn every step of the process: Painting on canvas (or board), composition and planning, gathering your supplies, choosing your glassy materials, how to mix epoxy resin, and what are all those tools? Each step is presented with detailed instruction, class handouts, demonstrations, and lots of Q&A.
Students will leave class with not only a better knowledge of how to work with glass, how to source it, and how to set up their own studio, they will have time to create a substantial work of art!
- Project consultation via email or phone before class starts to decide on size and substrate of your finished piece.
- Class handouts listing all of my favorite supplies including where to buy them.
- Maximum canvas dimensions 30” x 40” or 36” x 36”
- Lodging info provided to out of town students.
- Friday, Feb 6– Sunday Feb 8, 2015
- Fri and Sat 10am – 4pm
- Sunday 12pm-2pm
COST: $1500 per student (includes all supplies) Sign up online here!
Mary Hong Studio/Gallery
26 Logan Lane Grayton Beach FL
10 students for a personalized class experience.
It is STRONGLY recommended that students signing up for this workshop have already taken my introductory glass collage class or have experience using glass cutting tools. I will try and have an intro class available to you on the day before this workshop begins.
- Class Registration requires a 50% deposit.
- Deposit can by make by credit card or pay pal online or by calling my studio 850.231.1416 or by mailing check to my studio…Mary Hong 26 Logan Lane Unit F, Santa Rosa Beach FL 32459
- Balance is due 7 days prior to class.
- If you have not paid in full one week before class start date, then you are not registered for the class.
- $100 cancellation fee prior to 20 days before class.
- $200 cancellation fee within 20 days of class.
- No refunds within one week of class.
Sign up at MaryHongStudio.com or phone Mary Hong Studio/Gallery 850.231.1416
In this 3 Day Intensive Workshop you will learn how to paint a large canvas, apply glazes or incorporate paper and texture into your painting. You will explore the concept of composition and style as you decide on what the focus of your piece will be. You will learn how to cut, crush and source glass. You will be provided with printouts listing where I buy all my supplies…yep..even those little bubbles! You will learn about all the nuances of resin and how to safely use it in your work. I will share what has worked for me and what hasn’t and how I’ve improved my methods year after year.
- Overview of painting styles and techniques.
- Composition and Style of your piece
- Painting your canvas or board
- Applying glazes/Varnishing
- Applying hangars to your art
- Critique of my art…what’s worked, what hasn’t.
- The glassy fun begins.
- I’ll show you how to crush glass and where to find it
- Tool overview
- My favorite adhesives and when to use each one and why.
- Resin application
- Resin troubleshooting
- Finishing touches
- In Class critique
- Glass/Supply Sale!! All Workshop Participants can enjoy a 20% off Shard, Supply and Art Sale on our last day together!