“Glass For Good” is The Shard Shop’s community outreach program designed to aid local organizations in their fundraising efforts. We invite you and your team to host an event at our shop and we will donate a percentage of the event sales to your organization.
Here are a few helpful tips for planning a successful event:
- Schedule events early. Although a minimum four+ week notice is required to schedule an event, you can schedule your fundraiser up to 6 months in advance.
- Schedule events often. You may schedule one fundraiser every 30 days. The more events you host, the more money your organization can earn.
- Get the word out. Distribute your official event flyer to family and friends in person, through email and using social media. Promote the event on public bulletin boards and marquees.
- Share your Story. On flyers and event publicity mention where the funds will go. Example: “The profits from this Art Event will go toward the XXX’s mission to XXX”
- Alert the press. Contact local newspapers and media who might share information on charitable events.
- Encourage your guests to bring family and friends. By inviting your guests to bring one more person, you can double your donation total.
- Encourage glass donations. Remind your friends that they are welcome to bring glass vases/bottles etc to the event!
- Send a reminder. A few days before your fundraiser, remind your family and friends of the event.
- Don’t forget your tickets. Make sure that everyone attending your fundraiser brings an official ticket with him or her. We also accept tickets shown on a digital device (via eventbrite.com) Fundraiser guests are required to present a valid ticket.
- Encourage participation after the event. You can receive fundraising credit for guests that can’t make it the day of the event, but can stop in during the week of the event. Their ticket is valid for 7 days after the event! Invite those who can’t attend your event to take advantage of these options.
**Add-On OPTION 1 -SMASHfest**
You have the option to add a unique experience to your fundraising event. It’s called SMASHfest! Smashfest is only offered at shops that have sufficient space. A Smash Area is set up in our studio, along with tarps and other precautionary measures, and we invite visitors to the shop to smash glass! You must pay to smash. Ask us for more details about this mind-shattering event!
**Add-On OPTION 2 **
Your group is welcome to make a collaborative, larger piece of art to be raffled off during your event. Your group must come to our shop at least 48 hours before your event to create it.
What organizations participate in fundraisers?
Organizations that participate in fundraisers include:
- Booster Clubs
- Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts
- Cheerleading Squads
- Church Groups
- Sports Teams
- Parent-Teacher Organizations
- School Affiliated Bands
- Sororities, Fraternities
- Student Councils